- In group discussion these are the things you have to be careful about.
Try to be calm, tension is there as it’s a very important task and you have a tough competition before you.
- Sit in a proper way, don’t look casual.
- When you are given a topic by GTO listen to it carefully, and for a second or two, revise what he said, in your mind to get a clear idea about the topic so that you can arrange your thoughts about the topic.
- Its written in many books and many people say that you should take initiative. That’s not a good idea. The initiator is always in trouble if he has not properly understood the topic, and if he has he would start the topic and give a long speech, which is totally a wrong approach.
- You keep quiet for a while and see if someone other tries to start the discussion, in the mean time keep your mind busy thinking about the topic.
- If everyone is looking at each other like idiots for 3 4 seconds then start and take the initiative.
- When you initiate you should explain the topic don’t say that I agree or disagree and jump to conclusions, save it for the second turn which you would get.
- If the topic is simple then you can give your views as well when you initiate.
- Don’t take too much time it might irritate other members and GTO.
- Don’t say “I agree with chest no. 123…” do not make another guy look good, it would give an impression that you take him as your leader. You should use words like “I agree with the argument that………..”
- While talking don’t look at the GTO, keep your neck on the move, look at all the members “sab per nazar doraani hay” giving the impression that you are addressing all of the members. Some people look down other look at the wall or ceiling or just one of the group members, don’t ever do that, it would have a very negative impression.
- Don’t get aggressive if someone constantly goes against you, just be calm and have a slight smile.
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Posted by Expert at 7:22 p.m.